

CENTRAL NOVA AREA SERVICE COMMITTEE OF NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS
November 30, 2025

Attendance: Home Groups – GSRs, Alternates, & Representatives				
	Group	Representative	Present?	Vote?
1	90 in 90	No Rep	No	No
2	Amherst Hope	Jeremy M	No	No
3	Beacon of Hope	Clay N	Yes	Yes
4	Breaking Free	Craig M	No	No
5	Clean and Strait	Kyle M	No	No
6	Hope for Today	Joe A	Yes	Yes
7	Hope Not Dope	Noelle	Yes	Yes
8	I Can't We Can	Bill H	Yes	Yes
9	Just for Today	No Rep	No	No
10	Last Chance	Brian M/Elizabeth	No	No
11	Liberation	No Rep	No	No
12	Living Clean	Cindy S	No	No
13	Love Life	Ryan M/John A	Yes	Yes
14	NA Lengths	Lindsay M	No	Yes
15	Nature of Recovery	Darrell P	Yes	Yes
16	New Vision	Em D	No	Yes
17	Nothing to Fear	Vadim	Yes	Yes
18	Orchard Valley	Jonah W	No	No
19	Phoenix Group (Sydney)	Steve S	Yes	Yes
20	Phoenix Group (Valley)	Willy W	No	No
21	Pride in Our Recovery	Patty W Rep	No	Yes
22	Progress Not Perfection	Karen S	No	No
23	Serenity Seekers	Joe B	Yes	Yes
24	Sharing the Message	Maryann	Yes	Yes
25	Shelter from the Storm	Em R	Yes	Yes
26	Starting Point	Robert	No	No
27	Strength in Numbers	Darrell A	No	No
28	Survivors	Tyler	Yes	Yes
29	Taking Care of Business	JB	No	No
30	We Do Recover	Ray K	Yes	Yes
31	You Have a Choice Today	Chrissy	No	Yes
32	You're Not Alone	Ernie C	No	No

Area Service Committee Executive		
Chair	Jennifer M	Present
Vice Chair	Vacant	Vacant
Secretary	JuleeAnn A	Present
Alternate Secretary	Vacant	Vacant
Treasurer	Vacant	Vacant
Alternate Treasurer	Kathleen M	Present
RCM	Paula R	Present
Alternate RCM	Vacant	Vacant

Area Subcommittees		
Activities Committee Chair	Vacant	Vacant
Archives Committee Chair	Dave B	Present
Literature Committee Chair	Dolores F	Absent
PR Committee Chair	Aubrey L	Present

CNA website: www.centralnovaarea.ca CNA e-mail address: centralnovaarea@gmail.com

The meeting opened at 1:30pm with the readings: 12 Traditions, 12 Concepts, A Vision for NA Service, and Service Prayer. Amendments: 1) Em R was here representing Shelter. 2) change Brynn's name to this spelling. With amendments, minutes were adopted October Area minutes

Attendance was taken with 13 groups present today out of 17 voting groups = quorum. 4 executive members are present. Every group present has a vote today which means we can make decisions today.

Any Observers:

New Groups to be seated: Nelson – Guiding Principles Saturdays at 10am. Area body agreed to supply the Guiding Principles group with a starter kit. And to backtrack to last month's minutes, we did not ask the Area body if we would approve a starter kit for Hope not Dope. All of Area once again agreed.

GROUP REPORTS:

90 & 90

GSR: Alt. GSR:

Amherst Hope

GSR: Jeremy

Beacon of Hope

GSR: Joanne N Alt. GSR:

Breaking Free

GSR: Alt. GSR:

Date of Report: Nov 26th

Beginning Balance: \$ 110.57 7th Tradition: \$ 100.00 Literature Sold: \$ ——— Other: \$ ———
 Total Income: \$ 239.39 Rent: \$ ——— Literature Order: \$ 46.00 Other: \$ ———
 GSR Fund: \$ ——— ASC Contribution: \$ ——— Total Expenses: \$ 146.00
 Prudent Reserve: \$ ——— Total GSR Fund: \$ ——— Ending Balance: \$ 174.39

Home Group Members: 7 Members at Business Meeting: 4 Average Attendance: 18

Group Concerns:

Other Group Information:

Announcements:

Jan 28th Laurie B 36 years
 Jan 7th Ryan C 2 years
 Dec 10th Doreen D 27 years
 Dec 3rd Penny C 1 year

7th collected Dec 10th will be donated to Inn out the Cold

Dec 24th - Regular Meeting will be open
 Dec 31st - More will be revealed
 Maybe no meeting as so far no one is able to commit to opening.

Clean and Strait

GSR: Kyle D Alt GSR: Thomas W

Hope for Today

GSR: Leigh K Alt. GSR: Tracy W

Group members: 6 at Business mtg: 6 Avg attendance: 7 # of newcomers: 2
 Beginning Bal: \$51.20 7th Trad: \$ 52.80 Lit sold: \$0 Other: \$0 Total Income: \$52.80
 Rent: \$0 Lit order: \$0 Other: \$44.30 Regional Assembly Fund: \$0
 ASC Contribution: \$0 Total Expenses: \$44.30
 Prudent Reserve: \$150.00 Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$200.00 End Balance:
 \$59.70

Group concerns:

Group info: Hope For Today supports Paula R. for RCM.

Announcements: -Hope For Today has a new GSR - please congratulate Joe A. on being voted to this new position!

-Heidi B. will be celebrating 18 months on Dec. 11!

Hope Not Dope

GSR: Alt GSR:

Still looking for a suitable meeting space. Waiting for a call back this week.

I Can't We Can

GSR: Bill H ALT GSR:

Just for Today

GSR: Kristen C Alt. GSR

Last Chance

GSR: Joey B Alt GSR:

Liberation

GSR: Alt GSR:

Group members: 13 at Business mtg: 5 Avg attendance: 12 # of newcomers: 2
 Beginning Bal: *after group Treasury refresh – balance in bank as of Nov 15: \$507.76
 7th Trad: 46.55 + Nov 24 TBD Lit sold: \$40.00 Total Income: \$86.55 +
 Rent: paid x 3 months (\$75) Lit order: \$ 253.75 Regional Assembly Fund: \$ 0
 ASC Contribution: \$ 50.00 Total Expenses: \$ 382.75
 Prudent Reserve: \$ 100. End Balance: \$25.01

Group concerns: none to report

Group info: The group achieved consensus to conduct a 'treasury refresh' to re-enable / the return to accurate financial reporting after several months. Our records are up to date and our bank account is in good standing. Our rent is paid, we have a large literature order (*given the imending cost increase*) and we have a small ASC contribution.

- We did not have a copy of the revised Convention guidelines to review, so we have nothing to contribute/add.
- We do not know the member who put her name forward for ASC Secretary, so cannot support at this time - and no information in the minutes about her service experience etc.
- And we do support the purchase of the PR Tool - the Membership Survey Pull Up Banner - and wonder why this decision could not have been made by the PR committee - and the support to purchase be brought to the ASC - rather than 'approval by the ASC'? We are aware PR does have a budget for these types of endeavors (ie., similar to the recently printed business cards).

Announcements:

- Liberation Annual Holiday Candlelight Meeting (*flyer attached*) being held Dec 15th, 2025 – fellowship and refreshments after the regular candlelight meeting. Donations of sweets, treats, tapas welcome! Meeting 7th will be donated to Inn Out of the Cold.
- Jenn G – 5 years – January 12, 2026

Noelle questions: Where is Liberation group located. And, stated in their group report that they do not know me. If they are on Bayers Road, why can't they be here if I can be here from Cape Breton

Living Clean

GSR: Alt GSR:

Love Life

GSR: John A Alt. GSR: Brie Y

Group members:7 at Business mtg: Avg attendance: 15-20 # of newcomers: 4

Beginning Bal: \$1048.00 7th Trad: \$135.90 Lit sold: \$0 Other: Total Income: \$135.90
 Rent: \$150.00 Lit order: \$ 300.00 Other: \$ \$61.00 per diem for GSR travel
 Regional Assembly Fund: \$222.90 ASC Contribution: \$ 200.00 Total Expenses: \$993.90
 Prudent Reserve: \$ 250 Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$222.90 End Balance: \$54.10

Group concerns:

Group info: Jeff G is new Treasurer and we have a new bank account at Scotia Bank.

Announcements: We are going to have our meeting on Christmas Eve

NA Lengths

GSR: Natasha Alt GSR: Lindsay

Nature of Recovery

GSR: Darrell P Alt GSR:

Group Name: *The Nature of Recovery*

GSR: *Darrell P.* Alt GSR:

Date of Report: *Nov. 25 / 25*

Beginning Balance: \$ 0.00 7th Tradition: \$ 75.00 Literature Sold: \$ 32.00 Other: \$ Nil
 Total Income: \$ 110.00 Rent: \$ 25.00 Literature Order: \$ 81.50 Other: \$ Nil
 GSR Fund: \$ 3.50 ASC Contribution: \$ Nil Total Expenses: \$ 110.00
 Prudent Reserve: \$ 75.00 Total GSR Fund: \$ 103.50 Ending Balance: \$ 0

Home Group Members: 9 Members at Business Meeting: 6 Average Attendance: 10

Group Concerns: *Tabled*

Other Group Information: *Area Proposals*

Announcements: *✓ Read & Passed*

- *Proposal 1 - Yes!*
- *Proposal 2 - Yes!*

New Vision

GSR: Em D Alt GSR:

Nothing to Fear

GSR: Ashley Alt. GSR: Kary H

Group Concern regarding meeting space access. Church has confirmed that they cannot arrive 15 minutes early and cannot stay late. This is a concern. Group is thinking about finding another meeting space. Looking for input also

Orchard Valley

GSR: Jonah W Alt GSR:

Phoenix Group (Sydney)

GSR: Steve S Alt GSR:

Beginning Balance: \$739.29	7th Tradition: \$302.71	Literature Sold: \$81.50
Total Income: \$1,123.50	Rent: \$151.35	Literature Order: \$277.00
Other: \$	GSR Fund: \$	ASC Contribution: \$
Total Expenses: \$428.35	Prudent Reserve: \$	Total GSR Fund: \$
Ending Balance: \$695.15		
# of Group Members:8 # at Business Meeting:6 #Average Attendance:20-25		
Group Concerns: None		
Other Group Information: We meet in person every Friday and Sunday nights at 7pm located at 500 Charlotte Street, Sydney, NS love to see you there 🍷		

Phoenix Group (Valley)

GSR: Alt GSR: Willy W

Pride In Our Recovery

GSR: Alt GSR:

We had a business meeting with 3 members in attendance. We continue to be a zoom only meeting, and have been having members attend from across Canada, the USA and Europe. Our average attendance is 10. 2 of our members attended the recent chair person workshop, and thought it was fantastic and really helpful. We had a issue one night with zoom bombers - which happens a few times a year. We've increased our meeting security, but many of our home group members are not tech savvy to help with this security. We will be adding asking for help with this to the announcements this month.

All of our financial obligations are met. We do not currently have a GSR. Group members will be submitting reports and representing the group in the absence of a GSR.

Yours in service,

Pride In Our Recovery Members

Announcement - If you're wise in the ways of Zoom, Pride In Our Recovery needs your help. We need assistance with the technical aspects of the meeting: screen sharing, monitoring the waiting room and chat, and keeping the meeting safe. No need to join as a home group member, we just need your help. Tuesdays at 7pm

Zoom ID: 870 6977 1464 Password: Pride

Progress Not Perfection

GSR: Karen S Alt GSR: Lisa H

Group members: 5 at Business mtg: 3 Avg attendance: 5 # of newcomers: 1
 Beginning Bal: \$ 77.85 7th Trad: \$ 169.00 Lit sold: \$ 0 Other: \$ 0 Total Income: \$246.85
 Rent: \$ 130.00 Lit order: \$ 0 Other: \$ 59.25 Regional Assembly Fund: \$57.60
 ASC Contribution: \$ Total Expenses: \$ 246.85
 Prudent Reserve: \$ 390.00 Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$ 218.50 End Balance: \$ 0

Group concerns:

Group info:

Announcements: Karen S celebrating 3 yrs on Dec 16th at Progress Not Perfection

Serenity Seekers

GSR: Joe B Alt GSR:

Group members: 7 at Business mtg: 4 Avg attendance: 15 # of newcomers: 1
 Beginning Bal: \$100.00 7th Trad: \$149.40 Lit sold: \$ 0 Other: \$ 0 Total Income: \$149.40
 Rent: \$40.00 Lit order: \$ Other: \$1.95 (BSC Oct) Regional Assembly Fund: \$
 ASC Contribution: \$107.45 Total Expenses: \$149.40
 Prudent Reserve: \$100.00 Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$ End Balance: \$100.00

Group concerns:

Group info:

Announcements: Our meeting will be closed Dec 24, 2025.

Sharing the Message

GSR: Alt GSR:

Secretary: active group members: 5 at Business mtg: 3 Avg attendance: 7 Newcomers: 1
 Beginning Bal: \$0.00 7th Trad: \$142.05 Lit Sold: \$0.00 Other: \$0.00 Total Income: \$142.05
 Rent: \$33.00 Literature Order: \$108.25 Other: \$0.00 Regional Assembly Fund: \$0.00
 ASC Contribution: \$0.00 Total Expenses: \$141.25
 Prudent Reserve (Rent fund): \$33.00 Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$0.00 End Balance: \$0.80
 Group concerns: none.

Group info:

1. Discussed and came to a consensus regarding the members standing for election. We were unanimously in favour of Paula for RCM and Noelle for Area Secretary.
2. Came to a consensus regarding the PR info stand. We were unanimously in favour of purchase, but only after the new NAWS info comes out in January.
3. Discussed the proposed Convention Committee guidelines and saw many typos and other changes that need to be made before an informed decision can be made. We're making several suggestions, some housekeeping, some not.
4. To celebrate our 12th group anniversary, we'll have a cookie social at our Dec 22nd meeting. Bring cookies or don't, but please bring an appetite for recovery.

Announcements: Sharing the Message group needs addict support. Will E. celebrates 18 years on Monday, Dec 1st. Maryann K. celebrates 12 years on Monday, Feb 2nd.

Shelter from the Storm

GSR: Em R Alt. GSR:

Group: Shelter From the Storm

Report date: November 29th, 2025

GSR: Emily R

Alt GSR: Mariam C

Group members: 19

at Business mtg:

Avg attendance: 20

of newcomers: 3

Beginning Bal: \$827.64

7* Trad: \$174.35

Lit sold:

Other:

Total Income:

Rent: \$240.00

Lit order: \$

Other:

Regional Assembly Fund: \$

ASC Contribution: \$

Total Expenses: \$

Prudent Reserve: \$

Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$

End Balance: \$761.99

Group Concerns:

- Has committee compared cost between banner stand and X stand? X stands tend to be cheaper

Group Info:

- Hoping to arrange support for Inn Out of the Cold with Activities

Announcements:

- Eli M and Jake P **both** celebrating 2 Years December 29th
- Emily R celebrating 4 Years January 26th

Date: October 20th, 2025

Attendance

1. Aubrey L
2. Nate O
3. Chad D
4. Emily R
5. Mariam R
6. Nick B
7. Jake P
8. Noah B
9. Danielle P
10. Yousef S

Home Group Members: **19**

Members at Meeting: **10**

Average Attendance:

of Newcomers:

Group Positions

- Treasurer: **Dancille P**
- Secretary: **Nate O**
- GSR: **Emily R**
- Alt GSR: **Mariam R**

Treasury Report

- Opening Balance: **\$827.64**
- 7th Tradition:
- Literature Sold:
- Total Income:
- Rent: **\$240.00**
- Literature Order:
- Regional Assembly Fund:
- ASC Contribution:
- Total Expenses:
- Prudent Reserve:
- Total GSR Fund:
- Ending Balance: **\$587.64**

Group Concerns

- Area Elections, Group Votes
 - Area Chair: **Jennifer M** voted in
 - Area Vice Chair: **Leigh K** voted in
 - Activities Chair: **Dolores F** voted in
 - Archives Chair: **Dave B** voted in
 - Public Relations Chair: **Aubrey L** voted in
 - Alternate Area Secretary: **NO** to waiving clean time requirement. Tyler F **not** voted in
 - Alternate Area Treasurer: **Kathleen M** voted in

Group Information

- Chad D stepping down as GSR, Emily R voted in to be Shelter's GSR moving forward

Starting Point

GSR: Steve T Alt GSR: None

Strength in Numbers

GSR: Alt GSR:

Survivors

GSR: Scott M Alt GSR: Jimmy H

Group members: 75

of newcomers:

7th Trad: \$606.55

Total Income: \$628.05

Rent: \$0

Regional Assembly Fund: \$0

Prudent Reserve: \$300

End Balance: \$22.54

Group concerns: N/A

Group info: N/A

Announcements:

Maureen E – 16 years – Dec 7th

Callie P – 18 months – Dec 23rd

Cody S – 2 years – Jan 20th

at Business mtg: 10

Beginning Bal: \$0

Lit sold: \$21.50

Lit order: \$186.25

ASC Contribution: \$375.00

Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$0

Avg attendance: 28

Other: \$0

Other: \$0

Total Expenses: \$595.25

Taking Care of Business

GSR: Alt GSR:

We Do Recover

GSR: Ray K Alt. GSR:

Group members: 5 at Business mtg: 2 Avg attendance: 12 # of newcomers: 3
Beginning Bal: \$0 7 th Trad: \$133.00 Lit sold: \$21.00 Other: \$0 Total Income: \$154.00
Rent: \$80.00 Lit order: \$36.00 Other: \$2.50 bank fee Regional Assembly Fund:
\$0

ASC Contribution: \$35.50 Total Expenses: \$154.00

Prudent Reserve: \$160.00 Total Regional Assembly Fund: \$0 End Balance: \$0

Group concerns:

We Do Recover would like to request that the Activities Committee provide a more detailed report of expenses for each event, also would they send the money to the treasurer that would have be used for the convention?

You Have a Choice Today

GSR: Chrissy B Alt GSR: Dominic

You're Not Alone

GSR: Ernie C Alt GSR:

ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE: Vacant (Jennifer M, as Area Chair, stood in as Acting Activities Chair)
The Activities Committee failed to establish quorum at the 29 November meeting so no business could be done. Only one report had been sent in. A special meeting will be held to cover the 2 upcoming events that are slated for December In out of the cold December 25 and The New Years Eve event. It is hoped that the special meeting will be held within the week.
YIS Jennifer M (Acting Activities Chairperson for November)

ACTIVITIES TREASURER REPORT:

ARCHIVES COMMITTEE: Dave B, Chair

We met 18 Nov with 3 of 4 members.

We spent time reviewing our processes. We continue to sort, scan, and archive files as PDFs. Time-wise, we work forwards to scan and archive old Area documents. We're gathering up the digital info we have and are working from the present-day backwards to archive newer Area documents.

Our Area year has ended, so we request all subcommittees to forward their minutes from Nov 2024 to Oct 2025. Also, please send any blank forms and other documents generated during this period.

The Archives Committee has original and revised Area minutes from Nov 2024 to Oct 2025. We do not have corrected minutes, and request that the Area Secretary forward any corrected Area minutes to Archives. Sometimes, we have three different versions of Area minutes: 1. The original minutes of the previous Area meeting (emailed by the Area Secretary), 2. the revised minutes (emailed by the Area Secretary), and 3. the corrected minutes as accepted by GSRs at the following month's Area meeting. Going forward, we suggest that each subcommittees' secretary add the Archives Committee to their mailing list for minutes. This will ensure that we will have minutes, and will be looking only for any final corrected minutes, and any blank forms and other documents not already emailed to us.

We'll keep repeating this process to request all subcommittees forward their minutes from Nov 2023 to Oct 2024, and of previous years.

Our Vice-Chairperson position is open.

Our next meeting will be at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, 16 Dec. If you'd like to help, please let us know.

YIS, Dave B., Archives Chairperson

archivescnana@gmail.com

Aubrey – will your minutes ever go on the website? Dave confirmed that they will

LITERATURE COMMITTEE: Vacant (Jennifer M, as Area Chair, stood in as Acting Literature Chair)

The Literature Committee has the following open positions: Chair and Vice Chair. GSRs

please take this back to your home groups.

Effective January 1, 2026, a 15% rise in the price list from NAWS. NAWS has been taking a loss with every Basic Text they sold. With production costs increasing. They can no longer prudently do so. The NA Survival Kit is the only item from NAWS that is exempt from the 15% increase. The new Central Nova Area Literature order form reflects the rising costs that we will be facing. An order will be made to NAWS on December 23, 2025. The groups are asked to make their last order for 2025 before December 23 rd using the 2025 list. It is suggested that all old forms then be deleted or destroyed. (Recently an order was sent on an order form that was 7 updates old).

A copy of the new order form will be handed out to the groups that are present at the ASC today. In order to give all committee members as well as anyone in the fellowship an opportunity to understand and participate in the filling of the order process, a change will be taking place in the New Year. Orders will be taken as they are now, but will be processed together on the same day. This will still allow the groups the flexibility to get literature between ASC meetings if they need to do so, but also will ensure everyone has the same opportunity to actively participate in this type of service for our area. At the moment Mondays are being considered, but the decision will be made at the next business meeting. The committee will also review the decision to decide whether to meet in person or to continue on-line.

The committee will be holding a potluck on January 11, 2026, at 1pm at 16 Arklow Drive in Cole Harbour. An inventory of the Literature stock will take place afterwards. All in the fellowship are welcome to attend. Another opportunity to learn about and take part in service and fellowship.

Literature has no area contribution this month.

Treasurers financial report is included.

Our next business meeting is Dec 21, 2025, at 9:30 am Zoom id: 830 5446 3712 PW: cnana

YIS Jennifer M. (Acting Literature Chair for November)

Literature Treasurer's Report

Date: 23 Nov 2025

We have no Area contribution this month. We need to make a NAWS order.
Due to my error, we had a \$5.00 NSF charge, which I will correct.

Bank and Cash

Opening bank (Oct 26)	\$1,284.08	Opening cash	\$65.00 (petty cash)
Deposit (Oct 28)	\$1,657.60	Sales: Cash	\$159.25 6 orders
Bank charge (Oct 31)	-\$1.95	Cheque	\$560.95 6 orders
Cheque #0244 (Nov 06)	-\$916.26	E-transfer	\$1,318.80 13 orders
Cheque #0243 (Nov 06)	-\$2,157.96	Total sales	\$2,039.00 25 total orders
NSF charge (Nov 07)	-\$5.00		-\$485.45 Already deposited
			\$1,553.55 Total to be deposited
End bank (Nov 22)	-\$139.49	End cash	\$65.00
Bank and Cash total	\$1,479.06		

Accounts Receivable none**Expenses**

Item	Provider	Date	Amount	Notes
Lit order 202582	NAWS	02-Feb-25	\$1,250.00	received this order
Lit order 202815	NAWS	05-Nov-25	\$42.43	received this order
Lit order 203817	NAWS	12-Nov-25	\$31.08	received this order
Lit order 203852	NAWS	14-Nov-25	\$31.08	received this order
Book of US stamps	Canada Post	17-Oct-25	\$11.97	
Expenses total			\$1,366.56	

Assets

Bank and Cash total	\$1,479.06	
Inventory	\$9,995.97	
Expenses	-\$1,366.56	
Prudent Reserve	-\$10,000.00	
Petty cash reserve	-\$65.00	Petty cash allows timely cash transactions to be completed
Available Balance	\$43.47	

PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE: Aubrey L

Hello Family,

This report is prepared for today's PR meeting.

The subcommittee met in-person today from 11:00-1:00 and we had a quorum of 14 out of 16 voting members present.

Here are today's highlights in point form:

- **Withdrawal Management** – We are still down one panel leader, we have interest from one member, but they are unable to attend our monthly meeting. Would this body be okay with us waving this requirement in our guidelines to support this person in their service journey?

- **Public Information** – We had a presentation at Cloverdale Restorative, they seemed very keen. The CNA booth at the Canadian Conference of Substance abuse went very well, we had members show up, carry our message and network with professionals.
- **H&I**- Our Margurite panel leader had to step down, we have coverage for the Dec 10th commitment but will need further coverage in January. The Burnside prison commitment is going well, we are in need of more members to go through the clearance process to increase our speaker pool.
- **Outreach Coordinator** – This position is open with an eager mentor ready to help the incoming member learn the role
 - **Phone line** - Our new phone line coordinator did not have a report this month
 - **Webservant**- If there are changes to your member information, please info both the literature committee and the webservant - centralnovaarea@gmail.com
I advise all groups to look at the meeting list and see if the tags associated with your meeting are still relevant, and if not contact us.
- **PR News** - We did a test run of our hybrid set up for PR, sadly the members we asked to attend were unable to. but the Camera and projector set up seemed to work well, John B and I will work on the set up for the January meeting, the zoom details will be posted on the website incase anyone here or in the fellowship want to attend the PR committee
We also have NA business cards to hand out if you'd like any, please see myself after the meeting
 - **Open Positions** - please GSR's – take this information back to your homegroups for information purposes: ,Vice Chair, Outreach Coordinator, H&I Coordinator, Margueritte coordinator

We did receive interest from a member to take on Withdrawal Management, they called in and qualified and we as a committee support them, but they are unable to attend physically or virtually to any of our meetings due to a previous commitment. In our guidelines it says panel leaders must attend and submit reports to the committee, I am here asking direction from the ASC if waving a duty is appropriate or not.

- **We continue to welcome new members and/observers to participate in our next in-person meeting on Jan 25th 2026**

Yours in service,
Aubrey L,
PR Chair

EXECUTIVE REPORTS

RCM: Paula R – appointed for the month of November
Good day.

The RSC meeting was held on November 9 via Zoom. All Areas were represented – CNA (Central Nova Area), NANB (NA New Brunswick) , NNB (Northern New Brunswick) NFLD ASC (Newfoundland) and PEI ASC. Currently there are four open positions at the Regional level – Vice Chair, Alternate Delegate, PR Chair and Web Servant. Louise G volunteered and qualified for Alternate Delegate, but has since stepped aside in favor of volunteering for the PR Chair position. If I am elected as RCM today, I would like the support of this ASC to bring forward Louise G as the PR Chairperson at the RSC.

I will attach the report I presented to the RSC at the end of this report, to be included in the minutes for your perusal.

NANB has 7 groups in their area, and 12 meetings per week. In their report they noted that they are a bilingual province and requested assistance from the Regional body in creating a bilingual website. They have H&I commitments at detox facilities in Saint John and Moncton, and a monthly H&I presentation at Dorchester Penitentiary. and are hoping to get into the Atlantic Institute in Renous as well. They are having issues with literature orders, and communication with WSO regarding USD conversion fee, which they are doing an audit on and therefore did not have contribution for RSC at Nov. Meeting.
NL Area reported that they have meetings at the St. John's Detox facility, however the H&I meetings at

the men's prison in Clarendville have been suspended due to staffing issues and location change. They also reported that their website is doing well and they had 24000 FB interactions in the previous month. They continue to hold Activities for the fellowship.

NNB were in attendance, and gave a short report, all is well.

PEI continue to hold Fellowship activities. Their 25th Unity Days will be held April 24-26th

, 2026. Their

next Convention will be held in Summerside in 2027. H&I carries in meetings to Detox Mount Herbert, at a couple recovery houses, and are working to get into both men's and women's at the Sleepy Hollow Provincial Jail. They are doing a large billboard/poster campaign in Charlottetown, Summerside and Alberton.

In regards to Regional business, under Old Business, there is an ongoing review of the Assembly Guidelines, with some new input, it is hoped that the revision will be ready for approval at the next RSC. Under New Business there is discussion regarding the bank account and e-transfer options. The Admin team will be looking into getting this set up, under NA's two signature policy it can be done. There was also a decision made to pay \$276.00 for French Translation software installation and configuration for the CARNA website. There was discussion on the upcoming Literature price increases – a fact of life and all ASC's are dealing with it.

The RD gave a very detailed and lengthy report on the CANA/ACNA meetings, Convention and on WSC. I will provide some salient points, but feel free to ask me any questions, or request a copy of the report and/or the CANA/ACNA minutes.

CANA/ACNA meetings were held from Monday Sept 22 through to Friday Sept 26, 2025. During those days they discussed guidelines, CBDM process updates, CANA goals, Fellowship Development and Public Relations, as well as housekeeping items such as elections and auditing. Of particular note was the PR Roundtable tht was held onsite. There were approximately 100 people in attendance. Present were employees of recovery houses, various government health care employees, first responders, police and many others. There is hope that a similar roundtable effort will be held at the next CANA convention in Moncton, NB in 2026. Currently, all positions except for the Treasurer are filled at the CANA level. This is a bare bones report, if you want more info please feel free to reach out to me at any time to discuss.

The next CANA/ACNA meetings will be held Sept 14-18, 2026 in Moncton, NB, with the Convention following on the weekend as usual. I have flyers here, and all info is available on canaacna.org. Since this is in our Region, the local working group will be formed in NB. However, NB Area will welcome any volunteers for the Convention weekend. There will be local working group meetings set up on line, you can check the calendar at carna.ca to see when they are posted. I believe CANA may also be reaching out to our PR committee for assistance/experience as they put together the roundtable for professionals.

WSC – The theme for the next World Service Conference (the 37th

) is “Our Common Welfare”, and will

be held in Woodland Hills, California May 3-9, 2026. The Conference Agenda Report and the Conference Agenda Tract will be discussed during that time. The CAR is available now at na.org, and the CAT will be available on Feb 3. I do have a copy of the CAR here if anyone wants to take a peek at it. This is what we will be discussing during the Regional Assembly on February 7, after which we will provide input as ASC to the RSC to take to the WSC.

Further to the discussion last month, I did advise the RSC that we would be looking at forming some “pods” for the Regional Assembly. In this, I would also ask that we look at group facilities that have Wifi capability - not an absolute requirement as we can use hotspot – and possibly a projection screen. I believe the PR committee has a projection screen which could be used for local groups. We would follow the same timeline as the other ASC's and the RSC admin. Perhaps the ASC or Activities could look at

providing a meal during the lunch break. These details should be worked out as soon as possible , as we do not have an Area meeting in December.

I apologize if I have missed anything, and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions and I will try my best to provide the information.

Yours in service,

Paula R

VICE-CHAIR: Vacant

CHAIR: Jennifer M

I have been busy with a variety of tasks in order to better identify, understand and serve this ASC.

With the help of the Web Servant, I have access to the Chairperson's Gmail account and have begun going over the past email's to bring myself up to par with any issues/challenges the past chairpersons may have faced and how it was faced.

The Alternate Treasurer and I have met on-line to familiarize her with the financial process that is used at this area as well as some of the challenges. We have arranged to meet in person in December for a more hands on training, as well as with the assistance of the Web Servant to gain access to the Treasurer's Gmail account.

I have attended the Literature committee's meeting on Nov 23 and served as the Acting Literature Chairperson for that meeting.

While serving as the Acting Activities Chairperson on the 29 of November, the Activities Committee failed to establish quorum and the meeting was closed. A special Activities Committee meeting has been called for. It is in the process of determining a time and date where most Activities members can attend.

Since the PR committee is planning to start having hybrid meetings, I have asked the PR Chair if they would test drive it, so to speak, identify the challenges and work out the solutions. Once that is done, it would make for a smoother transition for the ASC to also use a hybrid model. In the meantime we can work together to improve how we do business at the ASC table.
YIS Jennifer M, CNA Chairperson areachaircnana@gmail.com

TREASURER: Vacant**Treasurer's Financial Report for October 24, 2025 to Nov 27, 2025**

Prudent reserve	\$1,250.00	
Insurance deductible reserve	1,000.00	
Insurance Premium reserve	1,320.00	
Total reserve	\$3,570.00	

Opening balance\$271.93

Income:

Activities (#723)	\$385.82	
Nature of Recovery (et)	94.50	
New Vision (476)	374.82	
Serenity Seekers (et)	201.35	
Sharing the Message (cash)	95.80	
Survivors (#85)	53.45	
We Do Recover	59.00	
Total income	\$1,264.74	+ 1,264.74
Sub total		\$1,536.67

Expenses:

Starter Kit re Hope not Dope (#731)	\$106.30	
PR Literature order (#731)	89.50	
ASC printing expense (#740)	4.50	
Hope not Dope travel expense (#741)	86.14	
Phoenix Group CB travel expense (#742)	81.26	
Rent (November) (#743)	100.00	
ASC contribution to CARNA (#744)	649.61	
U Store it locker Fee (Nov 11) (#745)	162.80	
Reimbursement re Criminal Record check (#746)	30.00	
Transfer to Premium Insurance fund	165.00	
Eastlink (cell phone) (PAD)	56.61	
Bank fee (PAD)	4.95	
Total expenses	\$1,536.67	- 1,536.67
Opening balance +Total income - Total expenses = Closing balance		\$0.00

Our reserves now stand at:

Prudent reserve	\$1,250.00
Insurance deductible reserve	1,000.00
Insurance premium reserve	1,485.00
Total reserve	\$3,735.00

ALT TREASURER: Kathleen M, Alt Treasurer

BREAK – 10 minutes

Attendance after break – numbers didn't change

OLD BUSINESS:**Open Positions:**

Area Vice Chair – No more nominations or volunteers

Activities Chair – No nominations or volunteers

Literature Chair – No nominations or volunteers

Alternate Secretary – No nominations or volunteers

Secretary – Noelle volunteered and qualified at the October Area and the GSRs did bring this back to their respective home groups.

Questions: do you have someone to rep your group once you are Secretary? Noelle has confirmed that she does have this in place

Voting Groups in attendance, In favor: 12/13

Regional Committee Member (RCM) – Paula R nominated. Paula accepted and qualified. GSRs did bring this back to their respective home groups.

Voting Groups in attendance, In favor: 12/13

Alternate RCM – No nominations or volunteers

Treasurer – No nominations or volunteers

REGIONAL ASSEMBLY:

In February is going to be a Zoom. However, the zoom meeting is going to be attended together, as a group. In Central Nova, we can look for a place locally and everyone can come to attend together, or CB can find a place to meet as a group together, that is ok too. Because the Assembly is February 7th, this needs to be decided on and worked on prior to our next Area. Asking what groups would like to do? RCM Wanting to know if she should be looking for one space or a few in different areas? Book the PR projector and screen. Any questions/input: Groups that are really isolated, can they still participate? Yes, you can always attend on your own and participate. Kathleen feels that if CB had their own meeting facility there may be more participation. Guiding Principles asked if their will be an agenda. RCM confirmed that there will be. It will be an all-day event, and she will be looking into scheduling breaks, lunch, etc.

RCM confirmed that we want as many members as possible to attend. Especially GSRs. Question – who do we let know? Email the Secretary – secretarycnana@gmail.com

OPEN FORUM:

Steve – about last month and talking about a hybrid meeting. Coming from CB, it would be great. Attracting people to service, making a 15-hour day is not attractive. Rogers has a wifi spot that we could invest in. Hoping that this will draw more GSRs

Paula – about the groups not attending – 16 groups haven't been here for 6 months and 9 of those are local. Some homegroups struggle to get people to open the doors let alone attend Area. Perhaps if you attend a meeting and that group hasn't been at Area, you could let them know that we miss them and would like to see them. In my role as RCM, as this is part of my role, I will do some of this also.

Bill – what if the minutes could have said rather than just that someone new and perhaps not as familiar to the Area “volunteered and qualified” could provide more information in the minutes. Give a bit more information Ray – talk about the activities and what is going on with that. A lot of members stepped down. Four people at the meeting yesterday. Chair's duty to help out Activities. But, we know we are having Inn Out of the Cold in Sackville but no one knows = the information has not been passed along. They also have funds but are not reporting on this.

Clay – hoping that in old business next month we can have a discussion about recovery celebration annually, biannually or 5 years. Unity Day, Recovery Day? Questions: what am I willing to attend? What do I want to see in my Area. We may think we are struggling but this Area has more activities than a lot of Areas. This message about struggling and suffering, may be we are a little but, we are also doing fantastic. Discussions can be had, if members would like, how do we arrange our tables. What could we serve to eat? What can we do to make it more attractive?

GROUP CONCERNS:

Nothing to Fear Group Concern - regarding meeting space access. Church has confirmed that they cannot arrive 15 minutes early and cannot stay late. This is a concern. Group is thinking about finding another meeting space. Looking for input also

NEW BUSINESS:**PROPOSALS:****Proposal #1 PR - \$288.50 for poster**

CNA Proposal Form *Please print legibly. Hand to Secretary when complete.*

This part is completed by the proposer

Committee: PR	Money proposal? Yes: <input checked="" type="checkbox"/> No: <input type="checkbox"/>
Proposer: Aubrey L <small>First name & initial, position (eg: Jimmy K., GSR, NA Group)</small>	Date: 26 - 10 - 2025 <small>(day - month - year)</small>
Proposal: PR Posters for groups & Poster Drives	Public Information Infographic
Intent: To canvas areas with meeting info and the help line #	This is a pull up poster that stands on its own for events and Public Info
Financial impact: \$41.50	\$288.50
Background info / Proposal rationale / Contact persons outside the committee, etc. (if required, use other side)	

Included this side

Question about if CB could book to use this also. Yes

If we are making one now, please use the most up-to-date information

Could CB put in a proposal to get their own? Yes

Could we use projectors instead of paying to update the information every time? PR Chair confirmed this information comes from NAWS. PR Chair also confirmed that we may not always be able to set up a projector where we need the image and it is convenient to have this one stop shop poster.

The cost to replace (which would be every 3 years). This type of poster is a valuable tool and would be used for professional types of commitments.

Julie to share the "banner" with the minutes

TAKE THIS BACK TO HOME GROUPS

NOVEMBER: Shelter asked if the Committee considered an X stand and hang the poster off it? Aubrey confirmed that he hadn't heard of this and that the member who did all the research did decide to have the stand that stands on the floor to accommodate several locations to advertise.

Sharing the Message – want to make sure it is only after the NAWS info that comes out in January. Aubrey confirmed that it is.

ALL IN FAVOR

Proposal #2 Area: Convention Committee Guidelines

CNA Proposal Form		<i>Please print legibly. Hand to Secretary when complete.</i>	
<i>This part is completed by the proposer</i>			
Committee: Area		Money proposal? Yes: <input type="checkbox"/> No: <input checked="" type="checkbox"/>	
Proposer: <u>AREA</u> <small>First name & initial, position (eg: Jimmy K., GSR, NA Group)</small>		Date: 26 October 2025 <small>(day – month – year)</small>	
Proposal: To approve the attached Convention Committee guidelines.			
Intent:			
1. To ensure Convention Committee guidelines define the processes and responsibilities for arranging and coordinating conventions and their associated fundraising events in Central Nova Area of NA. 2. To ensure the guidelines are produced to our common standard, similar to Area & other subcommittee guidelines.			
Financial impact: none.			
Background info / Proposal rationale / Contact persons outside the committee, etc. (if required, use other side)			
The newly-formed Convention Committee requires guidelines that accurately describe the duties & responsibilities of the committee. The attached guidelines contain the processes successfully used by the Activities Committee, and have their full support.			
<i>This part is completed by the committee secretary</i>			
Committee Decision		Consensus total:	
Assent: _____, Assent with reservation: _____, Stand aside: _____, Block: _____			
Reasons for Reservation/Stand aside (optional):			
Reasons for Block (mandatory):			
Person responsible for incorporating this proposal:			
This proposal is to be incorporated on or before the date of:			
Signature: _____ <small>Secretary/Chairperson</small>		Proposal #: 2025-	

NOVEMBER AREA –

Chair, we will talk about it today. Then bring it back to groups and then in January come back and have a final talk about the proposal. Usually there would be a Committee who would write out their guidelines and send it to Area and then we disperse to GSRs. However, this was not talked about here. Chair is asking that we either table the proposal or remove it entirely and wait until there is a Convention Committee formed first. What would we all like?

We Do Recover – think it is out of order. It says that the proposal was created by Area and groups were not a part of Area.

I Can't We Can – I hadn't seen the guidelines. Asked if they were sent out. The Convention Guidelines were sent out but not the Activities Guidelines.

Phoenix Sydney – hasn't had a chance to take it back to the group and would like time to take it back.

Beacon of Hope – didn't like some of the content. Group talk was more about whether we should have a convention. What exactly we are looking for should be clearer. We would like to remove this proposal.

Serenity Seekers – should be removed. Should come from a Convention Committee.

Chair – is there anyone who opposes that we are taking this completely off of the table.

ALL IN FAVOR TO REMOVE FROM THE TABLE

Meeting closed at 4:30pm. The next Area will January 25th, 2026 - 322 Herring Cove Road

In loving service, JuleeAnn, Outgoing Area Secretary

Email: secretarycnana@gmail.com